Sunday, May 22, 2016

BOOK REVIEWS: WHAT AMAZON READERS ARE SAYING ABOUT CHILDREN OF DREAMS: “How You Can Get a Free eBook,” by Lorilyn Roberts

To receive Children of Dreams for free on Nook or Kindle, visit my website and sign up for my email list.

Click here to tweet.


I was reminded of Shattered Dreams by the Christian Psychologist Dr. Larry Crabb and the story from the Bible he uses of Naomi. She lost her husband and her two sons and had to move back to Bethlehem a widow and childless. But she is redeemed through the marriage of Ruth and Boaz, her kinsman-redeemer. That book ends with her grandson on her lap, in the city where Christ would eventually be born, of the same line as the very child she was bouncing on her knee. Lori's story is book ended with scripture and woven throughout. Like Naomi, she is an encouragement and an example to other women who have had their dreams shattered. - Rachel Hofer, Amazon Reviewer

What a lovely testimony to the power of faith and love. This flowing story of a single mother and her international quest to adopt her daughters in both Nepal and Vietnam speaks to the heart of Christian mothers everywhere. Beautifully crafted with authentic dialogue, interspersed with elegant descriptions, as well as relevant Biblical passages, Ms. Roberts takes us on a spiritual journey, leaving us both breathless and totally engaged. What a moving story of faith and love, as well as hope and joy (which happen to be part of her daughters’ names!) The book I received for review is further enhanced by fact that it is a special edition that has all profits going to the Christian Library Project in Nepal…and the author and her daughter are traveling soon to Nepal to deliver additional donated books to the orphans there. - Sherrill S. Cannon, Award-winning Author and Amazon Reviewer

I loved this book. I read it in my downtime at work. It was a great book and very touching. I have the dream of adopting a child one day. I am 25 yrs old and have two beautiful daughters already, but I would love to adopt my third child. This book really gave me the inspiration I needed to go and adopt in the future. Thank You. - Tanya Ortiz, Amazon Reviewer

One of the best books I have ever read. It held my attention and the stories of each individual child were amazing. - Dorothy Cook, Amazon Reviewer

I read this e-book quickly. The author writes from her heart and she took me along on quite a journey! I prefer non-fiction and this is one of the best I have read in a while. If you are compassionate, you will enjoy this well-written book. I wholeheartedly recommend it. - Bess in Virginia, Amazon Reviewer

What a wonderful, heartwarming page-turner. Lorilyn is a very talented author who had a very compelling try story to tell. She relates her Christian faith and glorified her God in a very inspiring, emotional story that credits our Lord for the miracles He bestows, allowing her to adopt these precious children. 

After reading Ms. Roberts’ experiences, I cannot settle down with another book. Lorilyn Roberts is in a class all her own as a writer. I hope she will continue to write books like this. - Linda, Amazon Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment