Saturday, December 5, 2015

LORILYN ROBERTS BOOK REVIEW: If You Only Read One Christian Nonfiction Book This Year, This Should Be It – “Living Backward,” by Angelique Cooper McGlotten



If you only read one Christian nonfiction book this year, this should be it. "Living Backward" is inspiring and God-breathed. In my almost fifty years of being a Christian, I have dealt with almost everything Angelique talks about, but so quickly I forget some of these lessons and how much I need to be reminded.

Thank you, Angelique, for sharing these wonderful Biblical truths and encouraging me that even when I fail, not to give up, but to keep my eyes on Jesus, and to remember that we are just passing through this world on our way to the next. I loved the analogy of the airport and the quote, "Every person alive is on a spiritual layover." 

I was convicted more than once of things I need to change in my own life, and as I prayed for God to make me more holy, the evil one took notice. What a battle we face!


"Living Backward" will make you think about things that are eternal and draw you closer to God as His Holy Spirit speaks to your heart. I wish every Christian would read this book. Thank you for writing "Living Backward" and helping me in my walk with God. What a blessing!


*~*~*~*

Angelique's bio from Amazon: "If you asked me what I do, I'd tell you that I teach, mentor, and volunteer in a variety of capacities. I also write poetry and prose. If you said, Angelique what do you most enjoy doing?, I'd respond that whether it's lending a helping hand, sending a greeting card out of the blue, or picking up thoughtful gifts for others, I love to give. I also love, love, love being used as a channel of God's grace to bless people. Because I absolutely enjoy encouraging others, my husband and children affectionately call me "Triple E" (Encourager, Edifier, and Exhorter). In fact, my latest book, Living Backward, is birthed from my desire to inspire others to live out God's plan for their lives and in so doing experience contentment, genuine success, and lasting significance."

I (Lorilyn Roberts) chuckled when I read Angelique's bio. Angelique is a member of the John 3:16 Marketing Network. Many times when I have needed a word of encouragement, Angelique has emailed me to let me know she was praying for me. Her kindness has inspired me to try to be a blessing to others in the same way she has been to me. The right word at just the right moment is the most wonderful gift this side of eternity. Once you have received it, you want to "pass it on."

No comments:

Post a Comment