Thursday, October 22, 2020

NEW BOOK RELEASE: “Tails and Purrs for the Heart and Soul,” by Lorilyn Roberts





I’m very excited about my newest release, Tails and Purrs for the Heart and Soul. 

If you love animals, this book is for you. Between the covers are many stories about the four-legged friends that have impacted my life. We have a rich tradition in the Roberts’ household of adopting strays off the streets and fostering cats through the Humane Society, and my family spent twenty-plus years in the dog show world, finishing half a dozen champions and breeding many other champions finished by others.

My goal, in the beginning, was just to entertain, but the stories became more than that. They became a glimpse into my soul. I tried to imagine what kind of person I would be today without all the animals over the past sixty years that have touched me spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. 

God supernaturally brought dogs and cats into my life during good times and difficult days that, in some instances, turned into weeks or months. My furry friends became my soulmates along the way. They showed me God’s unconditional love when I needed that wet kiss on the nose or that head butt or that reassuring wagging tail—that I mattered, that I was important, and that I would get to the other side of the latest trial or tribulation.

Then I had an unusual thought: What if I’d never seen the faces of all the animals I’ve cared for, rescued, and loved? What if I’d never hugged them? But alas, God knew I needed them as much as they needed me. 

Through my animals, I feel God’s unconditional love. I sense my Savior’s reassuring presence, and I hear His kind, gentle voice whisper to my soul. The sound of a purr and the wagging of a tail speak to the undeniable spiritual connection between people and animals.

I hope you will take time out of your busy life, away from the woes that steal our joy, away from Covid-19, and away from all those accusing voices that rob us of God’s heavenly presence. Be still. This world is passing away, but God never meant for us to be alone. Even during Covid, our furry friends can be with us. 

Curl up with your four-legged companion and enjoy my latest book, Tails and Purrs for the Heart and Soul. Many answers to probing questions lie within its pages. 

Available as an ebook and paperback for $12:95 on Amazon


Click to tweet:  I hope you will take time out of your busy life, away from the woes that steal our joy, away from Covid-19, and read a good book. #amreading @John316Network http://bit.ly/TailsandPurrsRelease

No comments:

Post a Comment